Yes, it is 102 degrees here in Austin, but in the stationery world, summertime means beginning preparations for the upcoming holiday season. I'm very excited to be offering flat Christmas gift tags this season. They are sold as boxes of 10, and, as a bonus, come with red and white bakers twine! I have a few more surprises up my sleeve for the holidays that I'll be sharing soon. Here's a photo I snapped while assembling tags for a wholesale order.
I recently ordered some new stamps from the USPS and love seeing them on envelopes! I've mentioned before how the Postal Service has really upped its game when it comes to well-designed, eye-catching stamps. Here's my new favorites:
I'm very excited about the newest retailers stocking Happy Cactus Designs products!
First up, the beautiful shop Lilify in Monterey, California. Not only do they have a brick and mortar shop, but they also do amazing floral arrangements.
Next, Love Ding, a fabulous new shop in South Austin (pictured above). This gem of a shop is chock full of beautiful modern furniture, tabletop accessories, paper goods, art prints, and more. I was really impressed with the well-curated selection of items.
Finally, you can find our merchandise at paper & i in Marshall, Michigan. They stocked up on a lot of cactus and floral designs so their customers can add some blooms and cheer to their homes when the chilly winter sets in.
You can see a list of all of our retailers here.
1. A sweet Tory Burch's wristlet featuring an all over botanical pattern.
2. I love the burnished look of this J. Crew wildflower necklace.
3. Fun and funky dahlia earrings from Bauble Bar.
4. Dolce & Gabbana's stunning floral brocade dress.
5. Happy Cactus' Thanks card features layers of hand-drawn floral blooms.
I had been longing to take a ceramics class for quite some time and finally had the opportunity to take a wheelthrowing class at Laguna Gloria here in Austin this past spring. I had hardly any experience with wheelthrowing - I think I took a class in high school. It was a really tremendous experience to learn how to throw pots on the wheel, to improve my technique week after week with a lot of practice, and to get to push the boundaries of how I express myself creatively. Here's a few pictures I took of some pieces of work in various stages.
I'm back in my studio after spending July on an epic road trip all across Colorado. It was an amazing adventure and afforded me a lot of time to gather inspiration for future collections and to think about new directions I want to take Happy Cactus Designs.
In the coming months I hope to share new work inspired by alpine hikes, scenic drives through mountain passes, and the colors of wildflowers in full bloom. Here's a few favorite snaps from the trip.
1. What's a better gift for a new baby boy than a personalized towel from Pottery Barn?
2. I love this little wooden boat. Would be great for nursery decoration!
3. The perfect welcome baby card for an August baby.
4. I think this large tote from Sea Bags would be great as a diaper bag for now and as a beach bag when baby grows up.