I've written here in the past about my love of Pinterest and how small businesses can harness the digital inspiration board site to promote their products. I'm back to share more about why I recommend building an official Pinterest board for your business sooner rather than later.
After analyzing my web traffic, I was happily surprised to find that the majority of my traffic from social sites is coming directly from Pinterest. With Facebook's ever-changing algorithm making it harder that ever to get your posts seen, I think it's an optimal time to lean more heavily on pinning.
So why should you have a business Pinterest page? Here's my top five reasons:
1. It's where users are flocking…and converting to buyers. Web visitors who find your site via Pinterest even have been shown to spend more per visit to you site than those coming from Facebook. Mobile transactions through Pinterest rose 77% between January 2013 and January 2014. Wow!
I found this infographic with more Pinterest statistics fascinating.
2. It's incredibly easy to verify your website on Pinterest. Verifying your site lets other pinners see more information about your company like your complete URL and a checkmark to show that Pinterest has verified your site. All you usually have to do is insert a snippet of code on your website. Follow the steps here.
Side note - It's also quite easy to convert your existing personal page to a business page.
Personally, I don't mind pinning personal things like trips I'm planning or clothing I like to my business page. In fact, I actually think it adds more character to my brand and lets my followers learn more about my tastes and aesthetic.
3. As a business page, you get access to Pinterest's analytics for your boards: see what is getting pinned and repinned. Gain insight into the impressions your pins are making and track trends.
4. You have the ability to use rich pins. These special pins include more relevant details about your products. For example, when someone pins a birthday card from my site to Pinterest, the "rich" pin includes information like price, availability, and where to find it online. This information also stays with the pin regardless of who else repins it.
5. You can easily get code to add Pin It buttons to your product pages.This makes it that much easier for your site's visitors to pin your images. It's one thing to pin images of your own products to Pinterest, but even better when your site's visitors pin images themselves to share with new audiences .
The most common requests I tend to get for personalized stationery orders are for little boys and girls. Custom stationery makes a great gift for a new baby or a little one celebrating a birthday. And remember, all personalized flat and folded cards are 25% off through March 7! Get more details here.
Here are my most popular designs for boys and girls.
With the start of March, I'm kicking off a new weekly series here on the blog called Top Five where I'll share my top five picks in a particular category. First up: letter/mail trays. Where do you stash letters, cards, and other correspondence? I've been on the hunt for a new letter tray for my office and wanted to share my five favorites!
Yesterday on Instagram I shared a little stop motion video of my favorite personalized stationery designs. Remember, all personalized flat and folded cards are 25% off through March 7! Get more details here.
I love connecting with fans of Happy Cactus Designs across different social media platforms. You'll often find me tweeting small business articles, sharing sneak peeks of new products on Instagram, pinning inspirational images from the world of fashion and design on Pinterest, and offering exclusive promotions just for my Facebook fans.
The 25% off sale on personalized social stationery is going strong! You can get all of the details here. I'm often asked which personalized design is most popular. Hands down, the pastel flowers folded cards has been the best seller. It is based off the Thank You Pastel Flowers card (one of our top selling thank you cards).
I love that the name is not directly in the center of the card - it makes it much more subtle. It's also a nice mix of pastel hues, which makes it a great gift if you aren't sure of the recipient's favorite color.
Check out all of our personalized designs in the lookbook and take advantage of the 25% off sale through March 7th!