Amanita muscaria (aka fly agaric) mushrooms are abundant here in Southwest Colorado during the summertime. Inspired by my own photographs of these mushrooms as well as vintage illustrations, I endeavored to create fairly realistic mushrooms using a thread painting technique. The mushroom duo was meticulously stitched with just one strand of embroidery floss.
To further elevate the design, I hand-painted a coordinating frame using acrylic paints. The white frame features delicately painted green vines.
Want to see video of me stitching this piece? Check out this Instagram post.
This piece arrives in a white box tied with ribbon, ready for gift-giving.
Orders typically ship within 2 - 3 business days of order placement. Please familiarize yourself with Happy Cactus Designs' shipping and return policies prior to making your purchase.
- Cotton floss on white linen fabric
- Sold framed
- Aspen wood frame hand-painted with acrylic paint and protective matte varnish, white acid free mat board
- Hardware attached for easy hanging
- Wood frame measures 6” x 6"
- Embroidery design measures approximately 2.00" x 1.75"
- Clear plexiglass window included for optional use. A wooden dowel to stand the frame upright (like an easel) also included.
Original design by Brannon Addison. Happy Cactus Designs holds the copyright to both the embroidery design and images of the design. Please do not copy. Images may not be used without permission.
Please note that color may differ slightly from photos due to different monitor settings.
About the artist: Brannon creates one-of-a-kind embroidered artwork and home decor items from her Colorado studio. Her work has been featured in House Beautiful, Vogue, and Design*Sponge and she was named one of Country Living's 100 Most Creative People in the Country. Learn more about Brannon's process and the embroidery collection here.