September 26, 2014
I was cleaning up my office the other day and came across this original drawing for the Thanks Garden card. Here it is alongside the final product!
August 08, 2014
1. A sweet Tory Burch's wristlet featuring an all over botanical pattern.
2. I love the burnished look of this J. Crew wildflower necklace.
3. Fun and funky dahlia earrings from Bauble Bar.
4. Dolce & Gabbana's stunning floral brocade dress.
5. Happy Cactus' Thanks card features layers of hand-drawn floral blooms.
July 02, 2014
1. Beautifully hand-crafted wood veneer sunglasses from Tumbleweeds.
2. Turquoise chandelier earrings perfect for any fiesta.
3. How awesome are these cactus embroidered cocktail napkins from Lettermade? I think I need a set asap.
4. A thank you note inspired by the colors of the desert sunset.
5. The perfect planter for succulents.
June 20, 2014
May 19, 2014
Today I wanted to highlight two new designs that share a similar theme: lots and lots of hand-drawn flowers. Believe it or not, the inspiration for these designs was an ornament I created as a fifth grader. I remember creating a design of colorful overlapping flowers using paint pens on a circular metal ornament.
For the birthday card, I developed an unstructured border of irises, hydrangeas, roses, daisies, and other flowers from my imagination. "Happy Birthday" is hand-lettered in a deep blue-purple.
I really liked the finished look of the birthday card and decided to try for a second card with a similar look, this time for a thank you card. The flowers in this design have a more tropical feel and I used a pastel color palette. "Thanks" was hand-lettered with my trusty brush pen.
You can shop both designs here.
April 08, 2014
February 20, 2014
The 25% off sale on personalized social stationery is going strong! You can get all of the details here. I'm often asked which personalized design is most popular. Hands down, the pastel flowers folded cards has been the best seller. It is based off the Thank You Pastel Flowers card (one of our top selling thank you cards).
I love that the name is not directly in the center of the card - it makes it much more subtle. It's also a nice mix of pastel hues, which makes it a great gift if you aren't sure of the recipient's favorite color.
Check out all of our personalized designs in the lookbook and take advantage of the 25% off sale through March 7th!
January 06, 2014
Happy 2014! I'm back from a restful holiday break and ready to take on the new year. Over the past few days, I've spent some time writing thank you notes to friends and family members who gave me Christmas gifts. Growing up in the South, I learned at a young age to always write thank you notes not only for gifts, but also to hosts for events you are invited to attend as well as to people who do you favors or take time to help you out. As the handwritten note becomes more rare, your thoughtfulness in choosing to write one over dashing off an email or text message stands out.
Here's a few guiding tips for writing a thank you note:
- Be timely. Try to get your thank you notes out within a week of receiving a gift or attending an event. That said, if you forget, it's never too late to send a note. The recipient will appreciate the note no matter how late.
- Personalize what you say. Don't just thank the person for what they gave you, but tell them how you plan on using it. Express your gratitude for someone treating you to dinner, and also mention what you enjoyed most about the meal.
- Close by mentioning how you look forward to seeing the person again soon or sending them your best wishes.
What are your tips for writing thank you notes?
October 28, 2013
July 29, 2013
The new Thank You Leaf Stamp Note Cards pair well with Dean Davidson's beautiful turquoise and metal leaf cuff.
July 16, 2013
After launching my debut collection in 2011-2012, I had many requests to add more masculine thank you card options to my line. Guys need to write thank you notes, too, right?
When designing my Spring 2013 collection, this focus was one my mind. For the card below, I drew two small triangles and decided to use a navy blue and black combination. A pattern was created with the triangles and "Thank You" was inserted using a thin minimalist font.
July 15, 2013